Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mission Statement

Hello everyone. I'm sure you're all wondering what's happening here, so I'll explain.

I'll be 30 on the 1st of October, 2013 and I've decided what I want for my 30th birthday. It's a pretty expensive gift so I need some help. It's also a life changing gift and I hope by the end of this explanation I'll have your support.

In 2003 I began my transition. It's been a pretty bumpy ride, but I've survived. I said, long ago, that I would find a way to have top surgery by the time I was 30 and I'm now running out of time. I need your help to make this happen.

I intend to create many ways for you to help. From just plain dollar amount donations, to donated artwork for sale, to a store that will print my fun ideas onto even more fun items and ship them to you where I'll receive a percentage of the sale.

The "plain donation" section sounds a little boring, but I promise you it won't be. You'll still wind up with something cool that'll show my appreciation for your support.

Once my fund fills up a bit, I can start using it to fund fun events. Some of the ideas that have come up for really fun fundraising events are:

-Competitive cook/bake off
We'll have a panel of judges, fun prizes, the obligatory raffle for much cooler stuff than raffles usually offer.

-Big girl beauty pageant
Again a panel of judges, fun prizes, again the obligatory awesome raffle. Also one beautiful girl will be crowned queen of the event and will walk away with something extra cool. It'll also be an awesome comfortable place for big girls to feel safe, totally accepted, and most of all beautiful.

-Giant karaoke party
Maybe this time we'll do crowd voting on their favorite singer of the evening. The crowd favorite will wind up taking something awesome home and we'll keep with the cool raffle.

All of these events will have a poster/flyer contest, so get your Photoshop warmed up and get ready.

My vision includes inexpensive ways to help out someone who's working hard to have the best 30th birthday ever. I also truly believe that with even more hard work and a collective effort, we can keep this thing rolling and help other people get great birthday gifts in the future.

What I need from you in the present moment, is to spread me around the internet. Get everyone you know involved. Whether it's general feedback, ideas for events or things you'd want if I had them available.
My email address should be around here somewhere. Feel free to email me or leave me a comment. Most important please, subscribe to this blog and keep an eye on it. It's going to change every day.

...I'm kind of thinking about handing out gifts to milestone subscribers (1, 5, 10 etc..)

No comments:

Post a Comment